video card ati or voodu

Thread: video card ati or voodu

Question video card ati or voodu

Salutations,
    Here is the situtation. I have a amd 350 with 128 megs of memory and an asus motherboard with via chip sets. I'm looking for a video card that will do video input/output, dvd and all my games. I have come across the voodu 3500 and the ATI 128 which is better? Is there a card I'm missing? Any suggestions are helpful.
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

Talking

I can't say about the others, but I use an ATI Fury AGP card (32 meg on-board) and love it. I prefer the ATI for the seperate 32-bit processor, namely so that high-resolutions and high-color depths cause no noticible performance lags.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. "

- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

If you are doing it for the editing abilities, the go with ATI. Not as fast in games, but the software bundle and capabilites if the ATI trash the Voodoo 3500. Might also want to look at the Matrox Marvel.

I really like my Rage Fury 128. Most comtemporary applications run very well on it, and its DVD performance is spectacular!!!!! Maybe not the fastest gamer's card, but great detail and colour.
    It is not without problems, though. It doesn't seem to like some older W95-era applications, and it screws up royally with some 16bit items. These problems can be addressed by moving the graphics slider on the graphics tab of performance under system properties, but it's a pain to have to keep rebooting after adjusting and readjusting. If you need to use any older dos software, forget most of it.

[This message has been edited by houseisland (edited October 07, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by houseisland (edited October 07, 1999).]