[RESOLVED] 3-D games freezing

Thread: [RESOLVED] 3-D games freezing

danwr39

Unhappy 3-D games freezing

Hi, I bought a Monster 3-D video card and I've had it for about a year now. But every time I try to run 3-D things on it (eg. Glide, 3dfx, diagnostics), it freezes. Please help me out!

Did it just start doing this or has it for sometime. And are you or have you been overclocking it?

danwr39

no it just started doing it now and I did not overclock it. I also tried looking at the card and I didn't see if anything had been burnt out. I also tried putting it in a new system.

Have you tried the driver from the chip manufacturer, or from the Diamond site?
    If not try this driver www.3dfx.com
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

danwr39

Nope, that still didn't do it. Do you think the card might de defective for some reason?

It's possible the card might be bad.
    Freeze ups usally mean overheating, check the chips on the card for blackened spots, and also put your finger on the main chip to see if it's getting really hot, after it's running for a while.
    An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off your goal.

DiamondTech2

OR, Try a fan on the card to see if that is the case. Take a small house fan and point it in on the card. If it helps then yes the card is overheating. If not, then check memory ranges. For good measure make sure that the Monster card is not right next to another device in the mem ranges. This could also cause lockups. If it is overheating call 1-541-967-2450.

danwr39

No, that still didn't do it. I also tried to call the Diamond RMA number but it's not working since I can't call from Canada. Is there any number that I can call in Canada to get the card replaced?

DiamondTech2

If you are in an area where you are not able to dial a USA 1-800 number, you may dial 541-967-2450. When calling, there will be an option for getting sales or RMA information. The direct line to Customer Service is 408-325-7000, and their fax number is 408-325-7408.

You may also send email to [email protected].