[RESOLVED] Help with VooDoo4 4500 AGP

Thread: [RESOLVED] Help with VooDoo4 4500 AGP

TheCardMan

Resolved [RESOLVED] Help with VooDoo4 4500 AGP

Purchased a VooDoo 4500 AGP, when installed in machine, Beeps on startup and blank screen (Beep sequence = 1 long, 3 short)Reference books state beeps = sign of bad video memorey or video adapter.

ASUS AV7
    AMD T-Bird 1Ghz
    PC-133, 256MB Micron
    300w Power Supply InWinn Case
    USRobotics 56k
    SB Live

Took card out and out put in test system and same beeps. (Soyo SuperSocket7).

Put in a ATI Xpert2000 AGP and works fine. Bought another VooDoo 4500 to see possibly if it was a bad card and same result!! Updated Bios, same result.

Help!!

Thanks,

Joe

pga

did the test system have the same mobo?

TheCardMan

No, the test system was a Soyo 5EHM motherboard (Super Socket 7) with a P-200 in it. AGP of course.

Trachei

you do know that 3dfx was bought by Nvidia and they are going out of business and will most likely not be having updated drivers right?!

and why buy a V4 4500 with a 1ghz processor?! get a GF2 or somethin, even a GF2 MX is better than a v4 4500.

return that card and pick up somethin else.

Sounds like a bad card , I have the same card on the Asus p3v4x and I also have a system with the same mother board as your Soyo 5ehm, update the bios on that Soyo board , Maybe try another make of card, maybe those board of yours just can't handle the card or the card is not fully seating into the AGP slot

------------------
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )