[RESOLVED] Cyrix MediaGX-MMX233 Video Card

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cyrix MediaGX-MMX233 Video Card

sta

Red face Cyrix MediaGX-MMX233 Video Card

Our school received several re-built computers from a grant. We used the systems to enhance our computer lab. We had to re-format & re-load software and now we are finding out that the video cards only support either monochrome or 16 color video. We are trying to run educational software via CD ROM which has a minimum requirement of 256 color video which the integrated cards can't seem to handle. There is NO hardware support/documentation for the system spec's that I can refrence to. Can anyone help me?? How can I find out what type of video cards are in these systems? Is there a driver or do I need to purchase different video cards to increase the colors? Right now they cannot enjoy 1/2 of the software that our school has purchased because of this problem. Your immediate attention on this matter would
    be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Henry K.
    (Computer Volunteer)

These systems that you have can easily display 256 colors and more with the right drivers.

I just did some digging and found this driver:

home.altoplanos.net/~stevet/tech/mediagxwin95.exe

I downloaded this from a motherboard manufacturer in Taiwan, but the video and sound drivers included seem to be just generic drivers that will work on any MediaGX system.

Good luck

------------------
    Steve Taylor - Service Manager
    Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    www.altoplanos.net
    Navin: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

sta

Thank you to everyone who replied! I contacted the organization who donated the PC's and they came up with the proper drivers. Now we are able to have up to 16 bit color. Thank you