Hey Folks! I got Riva! I just installed a Creative Riva TNT PCI 16 meg video card on my PentiumII TXPro M747 mobo, with onboard SiS6326 AGP 8 meg video chip that I have somehow managed to avoid! The Riva TNT video card came with the game FORSAKEN and so far, except for trying to figure out how to configure the keyboard, seems to work beautifully. But, I have ordered Half-Life and a couple of other games (Shogo, Unreal) and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or foresight on problems I may encounter. I am wondering if the freebie game Forsaken was just a "perfect" game for the Riva TNT or will any game run as well as Forsaken? I have not updated any drivers, I used what was on the enclosed CD. My Windows98 environment is unstable, due to too many downloads and deletes, so I am thinking of doing my semi-annual format and starting clean. If I update any drivers for the Riva, would you recommend drivers from the creative site or the Nvidia site? Reference drivers or others? Is there any hints, tweaks, or fixing anyone can give me? I would appreciate any warnings, advice, or suggestions anyone can give me! I want so bad for this to be my dream card! I was so disappointed in the Helios VooDoo2 and I do not want a repeat of that headache! Here are my system specs, if this helps.
Intel Celeron 333A
Pentium II TXPro PC-100 M747 mobo
160 megs of PC-100 RAM
Creative Sound Blaster Live sound card
Creative Riva TNT 16 meg PCI Video Card
Lucent WinModem 56k
Mitusmi 16x CD-Rom (hey!! I like it!)
Windows 98
extra 4" case fan

Thanks in advance!