[RESOLVED] king pin not recognizing ati rage fury 128

Thread: [RESOLVED] king pin not recognizing ati rage fury 128

hungrymonkey

Angry king pin not recognizing ati rage fury 128

i have a rage fury 128, and i have been trying to play king pin but i keep getting a message saying hardware device not found
    i have updated all the drivers for the ati and the game and i have direct x 7
    the interplay and ati support are not much help has anyone else had this problem?? if so how did you fix it

Darren Wilson

ATI have always been known for their problems with Direct X ( since the first Rage Pro chipset days ). I have not seen this problem before, but all I do know is that Kingpin requires an OpenGL card ( which the ATI claims to be ). I run Kingpin on my 2 systems at home, which both use Riva TNT based cards ( Diamond V550 and Creative Riva TNT ) with no problems and high framerates.

One thing you can try is to enter the BIOS and make sure that the AGP Aperture size is set to 64Mb and that an IRQ is Allocated to the AGP. These tend to be the most common problems with AGP display cards.

If you are still stuck, please post or e-mail me a full spec of your system and I will try to help more.

Good Luck

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????

somebody

Make sure you have the file OPENGL32.DLL somewhere in your Windows directory tree. If you use an older version of Windows 95, you'll have to get this file (and a few others) from Microsoft. I found an according link somewhere on ATI's web site but I can't remember where. If you can't find it, contact ATI (they should know where the link is).