[RESOLVED] Matrox MGA G200-AGP

Thread: [RESOLVED] Matrox MGA G200-AGP

Giancarlo

Unhappy Matrox MGA G200-AGP

Help!!!
    My Matrox G200-AGP doesn't work anymore during the boot and give me errors when I go on dos-prompt..:-((
    When I boot the computer, my monitor says: NO SIGNAL INPUT OR CABLE DISCONNECTED
    then, when win98 is booted, my monitors turn on and everything is normal, except the dos prompt...
    I tried to upgrade the bios, but the message is:
    WARNING:cannot open BIOS input file
    ..sigh..:-((
    another message:
    Matrox MGA-G200 AGP
    VGA Disabled - BIOS V1.6
    what can I do???

corey tracey

make sure you have "irq assigned to vga" or something similar set in your bios.

corey

Giancarlo

Well the problem is that if I change card, everything works fine...but I would like to save my Matrox...trying to update the Bios in some way..Does anyone know??
    The matrox program for upgrading bios doesn't work...maybe I need some software to RE_PROGRAM the BIOS and not to UPDATE??

Darren Wilson

the BIOS upgrades do work, as a lot of people have these cards and have no problems. It sounds more like the actual BIOS chip is failing if you cannot update it, especially if you have tried to update the chip and it has failed halfway through. You don't mention which MOBO you are using, there is a voltage prob on some SS7 boards and the AGP G200.

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????

For a different ' angle ' on life visit my NEW homepage @ http://www.bivvyup.co.uk

Giancarlo

WEll..the upgrade bios program from Matrox just do the backup of my old bios, then it
    doesn't continue with the upgrading.
    It seems that it can read the BIOS (I have a floppy with the backup), but it cannot Write on chip...
    I have another MGA 200 AGP now and it works fine, but if I don't find the problem I have to pay for it or better, I change card, maybe an ASUS V3800?
    Ciao
    Giancarlo
    My MOBO is an ASUS P5A