[RESOLVED] PCI Graphics Card recommendation? - only need for Office Pro 97

Thread: [RESOLVED] PCI Graphics Card recommendation? - only need for Office Pro 97

swork

Resolved [RESOLVED] PCI Graphics Card recommendation? - only need for Office Pro 97

I have no Agp Slot on my motherboard and my current graphics card is an ancient Diamond Stealth 2500 (using the Win95 driver from Diamond MM on a Win98 machine!).

I don't want to use this basic MMX 233 with 98MB memory for gaming or anything fancy - just keeping OP97 working whilst leaving my main kit with WinNT and OP2K on it.

My scanner doesn't like the 256 colours though.

If I spend a few quid changing the Diamond Stealth for another PCI Graphics Card with, say, 8-16Mb I think I'll be sorted - but can anyone recommend a simple PCI graphics card cos all I can see "out there" are AGP's with whopping memory and whopping prices - which I don't need and can't afford to fork out for a simple backup PC. My monitor's only a Daeoo 15"!

3dfx Voodoo3 & 4 are pretty cheap now, tehy come in PCI, also ATI makes the All in wonder in PCI versions, I know there are now PCI versions of the GforceII MX. I'd go for the gforceII. However, the Voodoo3 can probably get cheaper.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

swork

Really appreciate your advice Lycia69 - will now go forth with greater confidence!

Regards, Giselle