ANGER RISING....ANGER RISING..

Thread: ANGER RISING....ANGER RISING..

Angry ANGER RISING....ANGER RISING..

Right now I really feel like kicking 3 peoples asses. One, ATI for not supplying graphic drivers for their Mobile graphic cards with the use of Windows XP, such as my laptop Rage Mobility 128. Two, Compaq for not supplying XP related drivers and graphic card support for their laptops. And three, Bill Gates and his damn Windows Xp that will not let me play CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN AND RUN MY GRAPHIC CARD AT FULL PERFORMANCE AS I COULD WITH ME BECAUSE THE DAMN OPERATING SYSTEM WHEN I INSTALLED IT DISABLED MY ATI GRAPHIC SETTINGS AND SCREWED UP MY OPEN GL SETTINGS SO I CAN'T PLAY THIS DAMN FINE LOOKING GAME. If anyone knows of solutions in the form of drivers, files, resources, etc. please respond and help me out!! Other than that, I may have to go back to ME cause it sure doesn't look like a bright future for ATI and COMPAQ and XP (all working as one)!

Calm down.

Target 1: ATI. ATI didn't make a graphic card that is in your notebook. It made a chipset that Compaq built into their product and programmed there own modifications into. Therefore it is Compaq who has sole responsibility for creating the drivers its product will need.

Target 2: Compaq. Yuck. I need say nothing else.

Target 3: Microsoft. If you had have done some basic research FIRST before installing XP you wouldn't have anything to be angry about because you would have discovered the lack of driver support....

Now for the 'cross-your-fingers-and-hope-it-works' possible solution. Click <a href="http://support.ap.dell.com/ap/EN/filelib/download/download.asp?fileid=R34413&format=38101&sid=INS_PN T_CEL_4000&lang=EN&lib=0&os=WW1&searchtype=filter" target="_blank">here</a> and see if this Mobility 128 driver from Dell works for you (backup anything important first).

Oh, and don't post the same topic in multiple forums. It gets the other members upset (especially the moderators).
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

And do us all another favor. Please don't post in all bold to show your anger. We all get frustrated at times, look at me, I'm dealing with an IBM Aptiva with a Pent 90 in it and trying to get the Maxtor utility to stop locking up, so I can configure the computer to see the full 20 gigs of the harddrive. And I'm doing all this for free. The point is, we all have problems, and we're all willing to help you, but there is no need to take your anger out here. I look at a computer screen too many hours of the day, to read a post in all that bold, killing my eyes.

Or all Caps, specially dont post in all Caps.....ouch, Im squinting all ready.

I'm not in the best of moods either, my new Mobo doesn't POST and it seems to be a common thing with this board, "but once you get a good one, you'll love it!" is what I keep finding on their boards......(I wish the dog hadn't have eaten the receipt....)

-Danyll
    P.S.-Ouch, I feel for you Quiet Thunder......
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)

You didn't specify which model laptop you have but you can give this a try. This is the driver we use internally at Compaq (yes, shameful, I work there) on the Armada machines. <a href="http://www.compaq.com/support/files/armada/us/download/11021.html" target="_blank">http://www.compaq.com/support/files/armada/us/download/11021.html</a>
    My brain went into standby mode and I can't get it to wake up, is there a BIOS patch for this?