Problem With New Setup Maybe?

Thread: Problem With New Setup Maybe?

Post Problem With New Setup Maybe?

I finished upgrading my computer yeasterday and I was playing some games on it and for some reason whenever theres an error or I close down a game the computer restarts. I bought a new motherboard, video card, 256mb ram, and pretty much just made a new computer, but when I was done I didnt really change much in BIOS, and just a little while ago i was trying to fix this problem by going into the BIOS and changing some things. But When I was done I just selected BIOS Defaults. I have no idea whats wrong, it just restarts when I close a game.

This is kinda off topic but I think one of you mihgt know what to do...I'm having a problem with Operation Flashpoint, everyonce in a while (or I think when a tank is around) my sound just goes out. The light on my speaker is lit up, and my wires are plugged in good. But once i quit Operation Flashpoint my sound comes back. This happend before on the MP demo, so it must be a problem with my speakers or soemthng because I have a new motherboard (I dont have a sound card, I'm using integrated sound) and my new integrated sound is by a totally different company. Old sound: ESS, New: Avance.

Oh yeah, sometime when a load up operation flashpoint i can see my desktop mouse cursor in the game with the game cursor, it just happend all of a sudden...its really annoying though because its this thing wobbling around all over the game screen!

I delt with a similar problem on a friends PC after they stuck in a DV card (the restart prob that is). My work around solution was to disable all the wake up events in the bios. I have since found out that it was (so I was told nway) an IRQ conflict (although windows98se didnt see the problem). I was also told that my work around wolud cause problems (in case of future cards being added)/leave other problems. So I suggest you only disable the wake up events if you cant sort out the IRQ.
    First thing I'd try with the IRQ is obviously check if windows can tell you if its got an irq prob and then try moving a relevant PCI card.
    I'm sure somone who knows more will be able to give you some further advice..
    'We apoligise for the inconvienience' Gods final message to his creations.

What do I do to find out if theres a problem with the IRQ.

Yesterday I tried clearing my CMOS (I moved the little plastic pieces that are on the three pin things, to clear data, heh I think its called jumpers) But that didnt work...