My Computer Won't Stop Restarting!

Thread: My Computer Won't Stop Restarting!

Unhappy My Computer Won't Stop Restarting!

Okay I just upgraded my computer. It was before:

Manufacturer: Compaq
    CPU: AMD-K6 500MHz
    Motherboard: -Don't Know- (Maybe SIS?)
    Memory: 312MB SDRAM PC133
    Video Card: Voodoo3 2000 PCI
    Sound Card: -None- (Integrated: ESS)

Now Its:

Manufacturer: Compaq
    CPU: AMD Athlon Thunder Bird 1000Mhz 266MHz FSB
    Motherboard: MSI-6380 KT7266 Pro2 266MHz FSB
    Memory: 256MB DDR
    Video Card: GeForce3 Ti 500 64MB DDR
    Sound Card: -None- (Integrated: Avance)
    And a new case, ATX 300W

When I first booted up my computer, I didn't change much in BIOS. But later on when I was trying to fix this Problem, I changed some things but then I just set it to BIOS Defaults anyway.

But the problem is that when ever I exit a Game (Expecialy Operation Flashpoint) the computer Restarts. And most of the time I lose all my information and my configurations reset! I cannot figure out what is wrong! I tried this one thing that someone mentioned, disabling Wake-Up options in BIOS. That didn't work.

First thing I'd check is the system RAM.

I would use either DocMem or GoldMemory to verify everything about it is OK.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Okay I downloaded DocMem, I made a bootdisk like it told me. I put the Bootdisk in my Floppy Drive and restarted my computer. After it loaded up the Floppy, my computer went to a black screen with a little blinking line at the top left corner of the screen. When ever I hit a key the screen would blink and something would happen with the Floppy Drive. Nothing else happend so I took out the Bootdisk and restarted my computer.
    DocMem did not work.

Do you guys think it might be a problem with a DATA CABLE? When I put my system together, my Case only came with two Data Cables, one for the Floppy Disk Drive, and one for the Hard Drive. So I took the Data Cable for my CD-ROM from my old system and used that. I was then getting some problems with my CD-ROM. I couldn't install anything off of my CD's or take anything off them. So I switched around the Hard Drive Data Cable and the CD-ROM Data Cable and I could then use my CD-ROM.
    Also, there was a wire that was in the back of my CD-ROM that is supposed to hook up to a 4-pin on my old motherboard. the 4-pin plug was between the PCI Slots. But there is no plug for that wire on my New motherboard. And I don't know what that wire is for.
    God will someone please help me!

Do not post the same question in more than one forum. Topic continued at:

<a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002231" target="_blank">http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002231</a>

Topic Closed.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."