onboard video adapter, AMD K6-3D Now

Thread: onboard video adapter, AMD K6-3D Now

Angry onboard video adapter, AMD K6-3D Now

I am having trouble with my video adapter, I reformatted my computer a couple days ago and am just now getting back on it and come to figure out that I don't have my drivers for it. If anyone can help, I will be as cooperative as I can be.

• Information I know now:
    • it's made by SiS

Talking

HI I think most probably it has to be sis6326 vga card so drivers for that one can be found from anywhere. but for your best just go to pcchips.com site you'll surely find your drivers in there and another one is windrivers.com try those out and let us know your result.

Exclamation

Yes, I downloaded those drivers but I constantly got an error because of my video adapter settings so I took the hint and I removed the video adapter settings. Now I am back to 16 Colors and 680 x 480 pixel desktop area.

Originally posted by reign:
    Yes, I downloaded those drivers but I constantly got an error because of my video adapter settings so I took the hint and I removed the video adapter settings. Now I am back to 16 Colors and 680 x 480 pixel desktop area.
    Open your computer case and locate the chip that says SIS on the motherboard. This will ahve the number for the specific SIS chipset. We would need that info in order to help you more.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Exclamation

I read the replies to kate224 and did what one of the replies said. Though mine was at the bottom of my screen, I think I got the right information. It's Said:
    SiS-530-S010M00C-LI
    Please reply back if you can help me out.

I read the replies to kate224 and did what one of the replies said. Though mine was at the bottom of my screen, I think I got the right information. It's Said:
    SiS-530-S010M00C-LI
    Please reply back if you can help me out.

The video is the SIS 530. I tried SIS's (Silicon Integrated Systems) website, but kept timing out.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Exclamation

I had the same trouble with their website also, I wish it was up so maybe I could get a toll-free help line phone number of theirs.

Wink

I can't help but to see all the trouble that people are having with SiS products. It there any other video adapters/cards that you can recommend for a part-time worker?

I can't help but to see all the trouble that people are having with SiS products. It there any other video adapters/cards that you can recommend for a part-time worker?

Sure, nVidia, ATI, 3dfx is still ok.
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Unfortunately, the SiS 530 is an integrated chipset, like SiS 630 and Intel 810 (among various others). With such a chipset, it is not possible to upgrade the graphics card since the graphics controller is included in the northbridge of the motherboard chipset. There is no AGP slot on these motherboards, so the only video option is to add a PCI-based solution. However, you still have to deal with the integrated graphics chip, which will rob the system of an IRQ and, because this type of solution is extremely cheap, performance is terrible as well. I hesitate to call this solution a "video card", because really it is just a chip soldered on the board and not a seperate add-in card. You nailed it right on by calling it a video adapter.
    However, drivers for the SiS 530 can be found here.
    Good luck.

Originally posted by campos562:
    Unfortunately, the SiS 530 is an integrated chipset, like SiS 630 and Intel 810 (among various others). With such a chipset, it is not possible to upgrade the graphics card since the graphics controller is included in the northbridge of the motherboard chipset. There is no AGP slot on these motherboards, so the only video option is to add a PCI-based solution. However, you still have to deal with the integrated graphics chip, which will rob the system of an IRQ and, because this type of solution is extremely cheap, performance is terrible as well. I hesitate to call this solution a "video card", because really it is just a chip soldered on the board and not a seperate add-in card. You nailed it right on by calling it a video adapter.
    However, drivers for the SiS 530 can be found here.
    Good luck.

I have an Intel Nightsahde motherboard with a S3 chip onboard. The motherboard will disable the chip when it detects a PCI video card. I have not suffered any performance degradation nor does the onboard video take an IRQ when it is disabled.

Several newer cards come in PCI such as the GfroceII MX, Voodoo3 & 4, and some Rage Furys so all is not bad when it comes to not having AGP.
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Question

Being bored today, I went to the Display properties, went to Settings, went to Advanced, then Adapter, then Change, then I told it to show a list of stuff. I went to SiS and it said SiS 6326, I clicked it and it made my settings on my Display Properties change. It told me I had to restart for the changes to take place. I restarted and next thing I knew there was an error. It said that my settings were erroring it. Please tell me if this helps any at all, or if you can help me.

Lightbulb

SIS offers a utility to identify there video card chipsets so you can download the proper video drivers
    click <a href="http://203.66.2.110/ftp/Drivers/utility/Sischip.exe">here</a> to download from SIS
    Spend One Hour of Every Day Like it was Your last, you'll Live much better that way

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

You have to use the SiS 530 drivers for your 530 chipset motherboard video to work properly. Before you install the 530 drivers make sure you have deleted the drivers you previously downloaded or the drivers will conflict.
    Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
    Peter Ustinov