Display adaptor conflict?

Thread: Display adaptor conflict?

Red face Display adaptor conflict?

Hi all, i've got this frustrating problem that's surfaced recently for no explicable reason - my 3D games lock up abt 5-10 mins into the game and i have no choice but to do a power off. I have a Creative Geforce2 MX running on PIII 550 with 192 RAM in Win 98.
    I've also got DirectX 8.0 installed

I suspect its due to some IRQ conflict because when i run the BlasterControl Diagnostics test for Display, i get this error message: 202. Adaptor IRQ(09) shared with: [SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus} ...... someone pls help me make sense of this! Is there a way to rectify or manually assign the various IRQs to the devices? and if so, can someone teach me how to do it? .... interestingly enough, my Device Manager doesn't show any conflicts for my GB0030 Display Adaptor.

yes, I have read through earlier posts regarding similar problems but none of those quick-fixes work for me, as i'm already running AGPx2 with disabled fast-write.

Any help would be greatly appreciated right now...it's the holidays and i can't play my favourite games!

Regards

Two things come to mind. Disable ACPI in BIOS or set PnP aware OS to NO. Does your motherboard have a VIA or ALi chipset? If so, you may need to update your motherboard drivers. Hope I was of some help to you.
    When all else fails.....FDISK!

Unhappy

ok, i think i've narrowed down the problem with my Geforce card sharing IRQ 09 with another of my devices.... and i read somewhere that GeForce2 becomes unstable if sharing IRQs.... zerotech gave some advice on disabling APCI in BIOS and setting PnP Aware OS to NO, but now i can't find any of these options in my BIOS setup.... anyone knows what's going on? Thanks.

If you've found that ACPI is the interfering device, I'll need to know what type of BIOS you have (Award, Phoenix, AMI, etc) and, if possible, the motherboard type and chipset so you can disable it.