Full drivers for PCChips M598LMR

Thread: Full drivers for PCChips M598LMR

Unhappy Full drivers for PCChips M598LMR

I have the specified motherboard and I need new drivers for it. The special property is that everything is built-in (sound, modem, LAN, etc.) I have read user reviews and the like it. Well, so do I. But all the user review have 9x as the OS. I used to have ME and it performed well. Now I have the WinNT interface. I think this board wasn't built for this application. Strange slowdowns are happening. Just using Winamp will bring the system down to it's knees. The chip is an AMD K6-2 450. With that and 192MB RAM, I don't think that's the problem. Task Manager reports that processer usage even when idling is never below 50%. Most of the time, it is maxed out at 100% with the kernel at about 80%. It is extremely aggravating. For awhile, I was running WinXP. Then extreme slowdowns happened during startup, logon, usage, shutdown. Win2k is a little bit better. That is what I'm on now. I want to keep the WinNT interface but this performance is terrible. Btw, the slowdowns start from the first login after Windows Setup. I keep my computer clean and don't have any junk loading. That is not the problem. It has to be the drivers. I have searched far and wide, but with limited Internet usage (I must go to my local library) I haven't found a new driver package. I am asking for more seasoned Internet users to please find and link me to new drivers if they exist. I am sure that no troubleshooting will help. I am very experienced in that matter. For more information on the motherboard goto http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M598LMR.html Please! If you could see how slow my comp is, you would understand. Thank you in advance.

http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/pcchips/ check the link has a vast knowledge base for many PCChips motherboards and links to all drivers.
    Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
    Peter Ustinov

Send me a PM with your address and I'll burn you a copy of the CD that comes with the board...has everything but the lan driver on it but I have the 1.44 floppy for that too......
    Rudolph N. Koester
    U.S.Army(disabled)
    ASE Certified Master Engine Machinist

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight... he'll just kill you. J. Steinbeck

Okay, thanks for the link, but it doesn't have XP drivers. If it does, I didn't find it. As for the 2nd reply, I already have the OEM disk. That's what is giving me trouble. However, now I think that just the video is causing problems so I'll gladly settle for just SiS 530 drivers for WinXP. Thanks.

[quote]Originally posted by AjStone:
    Okay, thanks for the link, but it doesn't have XP drivers. If it does, I didn't find it. As for the 2nd reply, I already have the OEM disk. That's what is giving me trouble. However, now I think that just the video is causing problems so I'll gladly settle for just SiS 530 drivers for WinXP. Thanks.

The WIn2K ones should work fine
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

Angry

Nope, sorry. I tried those.

Thats strange because WINME has native video drivers for the SiS 530 just no good 3D. Check MS HCL and see if there are WINXP drivers for the 530 available.
    Peter Ustinov

There was a batch of the OEM disks that came out when I bought the first one of these that were a nightmare.....flat a$$ didn't work......I have the replacement that does work......if you are interested...............
    Rudolph N. Koester
    U.S.Army(disabled)
    ASE Certified Master Engine Machinist

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight... he'll just kill you. J. Steinbeck

Alright, here's my reply. I have two different drivers. The OEM on CD (that is for 2k), and the built in XP drivers for a SiS 530. Currently I'm using the OEM drivers. Here's the Windows XP Beta2 HCL entries for Display Adapter:

Silicon Integrated Systems Corp.
    SiS 300/305
    SiS 630
    SiS 630/730
    SiS Compatible VGA
    SiS630

They didn't have the HCL for the final release of XP yet. Does that help? Thanks, again.

Same video core for 530 and 630 perhaps?
    Peter Ustinov

Yeah, the WinXP native drivers says "SiS 530/630". Btw, usual work tasks (Word, Excel and the like) work fine, but when it comes to 3D games, it's slower than a 486. However, in Win9x, it is fine. Need any more info?