[RESOLVED] Tv out problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Tv out problem

Turulka

Resolved [RESOLVED] Tv out problem

I have an STB Velocity 4400 videocard with tv out, my only problem with it that I can't get full screen on the tv. A narrow, blank frame remains on the edge of the tv screen. Can I do with it something? I mean may the frame disappear if I change the drivers, or it will stay there for ever?
    (Sorry for my bad English!)

Dayztar

Try changing some settings in the video driver. There are probably some settings for the TV out that makes it 'full-screen'. Let me know what you find.

I have the same problem with my voodoo3 3000. I've never been able to fix it, tried new drivers, changed monitor type and everything. I think it might just be the way it gets displayed, but I have been wrong before.

------------------
    .·°Danrak°·.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a carefully thought-out bad decision.
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

Is your tv a widescreen? mine has 3 picture
    settings, try your tv screen controls, one of my settings gives a picture like you describe
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

I have an ATI All In Wonder Pro and the software has built in control similar to the monitor so that you may adjust the image size and position from the video card since you can't do that on a tv.

If you check you might have something similar... If ATI has it, I am sure yours would have one too.

Also, try the manufacturers website, and see if they might have a utility??!!

------------------
    Say what?
    I was here, here I was, was I here? I hope I was....

Turulka

Unhappy

Until now I've tried out several different drivers made originally for other TNT cards. Most of them didn't work at all with my card and which worked that couldn't display the image on the TV screen. I wanted to reflash the BIOS of the card as well, but unfortunately I found out that I was already useing the latest version. Finally I installed back the latest STB driver, at least it doesn't hang up all the time, and I put up with this situation.
    Thanks to everyone who tried to help me!