[RESOLVED] Really good Video Card?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Really good Video Card?

Wurny

Really good Video Card?

What is a good video card? Im using a 4mb S3 Virge right now with an Atrend 12mb Voodoo 2 addon card...Im thinking of going to something AGP but not sure what to go? I got a new price list the other day with a 16mb PCI addon card and Im wondering if those are any good or should I just go TNT or Banshee? I have a gigabyte 586SG motherboard with a AMD K6300 right now...what direction should I head in? I have heard nuttin but bad things about AGP Banshee chipsets but I also heard that the new 16mb AGP Gigabyte card would be good? Any suggestions?

rwinke2620
    Check out ATI also Diamound multimedia they are putting out some very good cards.

Darren Wilson
    forget ATI cards. Their drivers are so buggy most people regret buying them. Also the chipsets get too hot.

Are you just playing games??? If so then get another voodoo2 card to add to the existing one. If not then get something like the Savage4 Pro card from S3. As you have a Socket 7 setup I would forget the TNT completely as you will not see any of the benificial sides of it as the CPU is not upto the task. Also the TNT chipset requires 8v from the AGP socket which most boards that do not run a i440BX chipset cannot supply. If at a push go for a Banshee. I have one running in the girlfriends system which seems to be fine. I had to get her a Banshee as the Gigabyte board she has does not like the TNT at all.

------------------
    Who got game???? I know I do!!!!!!!

visit me @ http://www.ace-computers.co.uk

kmondrush
    Are there any agp cards that don't require the IRQ assigned in the Bios. I have a STB velocity 128 8mb card which I love the color and Resolution, but need the IRQ for other devices. I have a sock7 with k6-3 300 and an a PII with LX mobo.

[This message has been edited by kmondrush (edited May 26, 1999).]

Darren Wilson
    AGP cards own best with their own IRQ assigned to them. If you are using win98 or 95 then the IRQ steering will handle any shared IRQ's with very few, if any problems.

All my IRQ's are taken , yet any devices that share still work fine.

My TNT, SBLive & network card are all assigned the same IRQ , and I get no problems at all in games play over my network.

------------------
    Who got game???? I know I do!!!!!!!

visit me @ http://www.ace-computers.co.uk