Sleep mode not waking up

Thread: Sleep mode not waking up

Exclamation Sleep mode not waking up

Ive had this problem before with other systems but just ignored it until now since its happening to me. When my computer goes into sleep mode for extended periods, It will not wake up (Computers on but black screen and amber light). It seems to happen all of the sudden. One day its fine, a week later its happening all the time. Ive got a 1.33/266 AMD using the abit KT7A with a Creative GFORCE2. Cant determine if this is a hardware or software issue??

I had the same problem with my computer. The problem was that the sleep mode mechanism was not very good. I have a Gateway 2000, P233.

Eventually I solved the problem by not using it. It is kind of irritating to pay for something but not being able to use it, but the alternative was to be driven mad by a stupid computer.

The only thing I can suggest as an alternative is to 'wake' your computer with the space bar or enter.

Click it ONLY ONCE. Wait for the computer to come on by itself. If si still doesn't come on after say 5 minutes, you probably have to recycle because it just crashed.

Sorry I couldn't be more optimistic.
    Bouncy Bouncy

go to control panel > power options > then right where it says hard drive select never
    my password is password.

Lightbulb

Just a few thoughts! Disable all power management options in bios & within the OS. Shouldn't have anymore problems. You can also try & update the bios (if one is available) & make sure you have latest drivers as well as service packs which often fixes issues such as you are having.