[RESOLVED] Help identifying a Hercules Thriller 3D card

Thread: [RESOLVED] Help identifying a Hercules Thriller 3D card

Huge

Resolved [RESOLVED] Help identifying a Hercules Thriller 3D card

I need help to identify if the Thriller 3D PCI card that I have is a 4MB or a 8MB Thriller 3D card.
    I am attempting to install Win98 from WinNT 4.0 that didn't require the latest BIOS flash to the video card and now need to upgrade the cards BIOS with the correct version for it to work with Windows 98.

I have the a Serial Number of (5) 963339. Other details that are on the card are:
    GB7310P rev A
    I canclearly identify that the main chips on the card have the following details:
    Bt - Bt 864AKPK, Video Encoder BC72912, 9738
    Rendition V2200 1152-003, 9742MB25H24
    ITT - VPX 3225(a D or a 0)-PQ-C3, 35-WN-PA, 059 87, 002 7466
    4 NEC CHIPS - D4811650GF-A10-987, 9740K9017.

Hercules has asked for the dxdiag command to be used, but this has not given me any information on the amount of memory of the display card. Hercules have not been able to help with the physical description of the card for identification purposes.
    Any assistance with identifying this card would be most appreciated so that the BIOS can be upgraded.

Thanks
    Huge

StevePorter

Lightbulb

I found this obscure NEC PDF file that identifies the NEC D4811650GF-A10-987 (do you really mean D4811650GF-A10-9BT?) as a 16 megabit (2MB) memory chip. Thus, with four you would have 4 x 2MB = 8MB of video RAM. However, that said, I'm not absolutely sure that I'm correct here...just pretty sure. I hope this helps...

------------------
    Some computer problems require extreme solutions. Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to deep fat fry...

Huge

Cool

Eureka!!! It was indeed a T and not a 7. My previous search at NEC failed to get any result for the chip.
    Your response is very appreciated.

Huge.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by StevePorter:
    [B]I found this obscure NEC PDF file that identifies the NEC D4811650GF-A10-987 (do you really mean D4811650GF-A10-9BT?) as a 16 megabit (2MB) memory chip. Thus, with four you would have 4 x 2MB = 8MB of video RAM. However, that said, I'm not absolutely sure that I'm correct here...just pretty sure. I hope this helps...

StevePorter

Thumbs up

Searching the Internet can be frustrating...trying to find that perfect set of search criteria that get you to your answer. In this case, I got really lucky...

------------------
    Some computer problems require extreme solutions. Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to deep fat fry...