IDE drives not working on Windows XP

Thread: IDE drives not working on Windows XP

Post IDE drives not working on Windows XP

Hello,
    I've just installed windows xp over a previous (and fully working) windows 2000 os.
    However i'm having a lot of trouble making it detect the ide drives.
    I have a MSI KT266 Pro R motherboard, and i'm using 2 hard drives on the raid, and 1 cd recorder on ide 1 and 1 dvd-rom on ide 2.
    The ide drives are being detected, but are not working properly, only the HDs on the raid.

Everything else seems to be working so far.

I've installed the latest via 4-in-1 drivers (4.35) and IDE miniport (3.014).

Any ideas? I don't have any left...

Thanks
    Ivan

---
    updating:
    If i connect a HD to the IDE, the HD does work fine.
    Tried updating the bios, but nothing changed.

Talking

OK Your going to shoot me , back up your data , boot from the XP cd , format the drive and do a clean install of Win xp , you can do a clean install of Xp using the upgrade version, but you must boot off of the Xp cd and have your Win 2k cd handy for verification
    Install the Via 4n 1 drivers right after your install of XP
    It sounds like something got hosed when you upgraded over Win 2k
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

my advise would be to NOT install the VIA 4 in 1 drivers as i've heard they slow down the system, but before you try reinstalling the system, try removeing the IDE controllers from the device manager and rebooting, hopefully windows will redetect them and you will be up and running, but alas if that does not work, a reinstall will probably be the next best bet

Good Luck.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

I've got one of those! (Correction had) Take your motherboard back and ask them for the 266a version much better definately works with xp with or without the via drivers installed. There was a problem with the chipset due to the non via usb chip(phillips?) but the 266a uses a different usb controller, why? don't ask me but my supplier has never swapped anything so easily before so I guess MSI know, they've stopped making them anyway!