[RESOLVED] NetMeeting video capture, S3 DirectDraw Window 2000 problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] NetMeeting video capture, S3 DirectDraw Window 2000 problem

rogervk

Exclamation NetMeeting video capture, S3 DirectDraw Window 2000 problem

Hi, On my Windows 98, NetMeeting was working fine with my hardware. On Windows 2000 the video of NetMeeting is not working. I have the latest drivers for my S3 Trio 3D. DirectX 8 and the update that is needed for Windows 2000 directX for video capture devices.
    The message that NetMeeting is giving me when I try to start the video, is :
    "This software requires use of DirectDraw driver from you VGA card manufacturer. Your current graphics card settings seems do not support this feature. Please update your VGA card's driver!"

I did that and still it did not work...

Anyone knows where I can find DirectDraw driver for my S3 Trio3D ?

Help please..thanks

bohr

Unfortunately, the s3 trio 3d isn't really a 3d capable card. The chipset at the time wasn't created for any real directdraw or direct3d support even with newer drivers. I suggest investing in a different videocard.

------------------
    COMPUTER PROBLEMS!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOUR COMPUTER HAS A PROBLEM! ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE ROCK IS GOING TO KICK YOUR COMPUTER'S CANDY *** ALL OVER WINDRIVERS DOT COM. CAN YOU SMELLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    ???????

rogervk

Hi,
    the strange thing is that Windows 98's NetMeeting worked well on my same video card! Do you think that the 98 version of netMeeting does not use DirectDraw?

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by bohr:
    Unfortunately, the s3 trio 3d isn't really a 3d capable card. The chipset at the time wasn't created for any real directdraw or direct3d support even with newer drivers. I suggest investing in a different videocard.

</font>