[RESOLVED] Direct X problems (duh!)

Thread: [RESOLVED] Direct X problems (duh!)

bbnotking

Direct X problems (duh!)

Okay I get an error message that says. "DirectDraw beta expired please update"
    This all started when I installed Baldur's Gate and accidently set the color depth to one that my card doesn't support at the particular resolution I was working in. I got a black screen. i did something pretty stupid and ended the task "ctrl-alt-del". I get the message when I boot up Starcraft but it lets me go into the game when I hit enter. No big deal except now I cant play baldur's gate. i uninstalled reinstalled (I tried to reinstall DirectX 6.0 but it really didn't do much of anything surprise surprise) I did a few other things to try and get it to stop but no luck any suggestions?

On March 31st DirectDraw expired for DirectX 6.1 beta. Just download the latest 6.1 core and reinstall.

This was of course on our ghost drive for new systems and I have spent the last month up front installing this. Joy.

Shaggy
    The only way I managed to fix my problem - because DX 6.1 would not install over the BETA version - was to reinstall windows! I had no uninstall information!

BETAS Suck

------------------
    <_-ShaGGy-_>