[RESOLVED] Re-formatted, problems followed--help!

Thread: [RESOLVED] Re-formatted, problems followed--help!

psychoinmate

Re-formatted, problems followed--help!

I recently re-formatted my hard-drive in order to re-install Win95. Upon doing so, I've lost all sound, and no longer have the video capabilities I used to have... used to have capabilities of 24bit color, with resolution up to 1200x1600. Now, None of the drivers--NONE of them on the Win95 CD will provide me with anything more than 16 colors, and no more than 600x800 res...!! Help!! Terrible graphics!.....
    ALSO,
    if you feel up to the sound challenge, I simply need the driver, and haven't been able to locate anywhere. My computer continuously tells me it's found an Audio adapter called CMI8330
    If you have, or know where I can find a driver for this, please let me know.
    I would appreciate a response via email if it's not too much trouble, at:
    [email protected]
    Thanks for your help!
    Art

H-Bomber
    What sort of graphics card do you have? The windows 95 CD doesnt have all the latest cards and judging by the specs you describe it sounds like you have a fairly new type of graphics card. Get the latest drivers for it from Windrivers. If you dont know what model your card is, it will tell you on boot up in the top left corner, before the memory test etc appears. You will have to set your monitor if you wish to have a resolution higher than 800x600. set your monitor to Plug N Play, or alternatively you can just set is as a standard type monitor with the highest refresh rate that it will support. Hope this helps.

Rish13

I am pretty sure that your sound board is built in the MB. If so the drivers can be found at PC Chips website.

ICE

You Sound card is made by C-Media (CMI) you can find the drivers at http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_dload1.htm
    your welcome in advance
    Also what kind of system do you have? if it is a celeron 333a you probably have a SIS(Silicon Intgrated Systems) video card, in which case the drivers can be downloaded from www.sis.com.tw

[This message has been edited by ICE (edited July 07, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ICE (edited July 07, 1999).]