IE 5.0 crashing

Thread: IE 5.0 crashing

Thumbs down IE 5.0 crashing

Hi!
    Since 1992 I have always used Netscape. But the last two years I had to use IE 5.0 128bits. On Win98SE. It crash all the times when I have more than 2 IE windows open. And when it crash it close all my windows. I use IE 5.0 because I prefer it than 5.5 or 6.0. Is there any solutions that could use? Like patches, registry modification,...

thank you
    Coffee flows in my veins...

Arrow

What kind of system specs? I used to have the same problem with an old 2MB Trident Video card. Upgraded to an 8MB card...problem solved. Also, you should upgrade to IE 6.0 anyway...lots of security issues, etc.
    Just my two cents worth...
    "YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAGH!!!" --Howard Dean, Chief of the Democratic Party

IE 6 crashes 98 machines when doing an install. perhaps they werent done right but still id say go to 5.5

Before reinstalling it would be wise if you uninstalled the corrupted version, if possible of course.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Arrow

My system :
    motherboard : Asus P5A-B
    CPU : 450Mhz
    RAM : 386
    HD : maxtor 10Gig
    Modem : 56k USR voicce/fax/modem (ISA)

But it is recent that my system crashe like that. And I did not install anything new regarding internet. Just a new games.

Question

I have just saw that it is pretty often that is crashing when I go to <a href="http://www.google.ca" target="_blank">www.google.ca</a> or <a href="http://www.google.com" target="_blank">www.google.com</a>

Any more idea???

Check for viruses

Spook

IE crashes a lot, and its not meant to? Here I was thinking that was a "feature" ... anyway, back to the point..

IE, & Win98SE are strange bedfellows. They share components between one another, and when one gets upset, the other usually follows suit. Is the rest of your system in good order? Does Windows crash often, without IE 5.0 running?

There are a lot of updates for IE, but when applied over an already broken version, they dont generally have a lot of success.

If you could post the exact error message, more advice can be offered.

Failing that, you may want to try another browser? Mozilla (www.mozilla.org) is quite good, and I have heard good things about Opera, but havent used it myself.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars