[RESOLVED] Office 2000

Thread: [RESOLVED] Office 2000

pcrescue

Post Office 2000

I have a customer with an Athlon 700 running Win98SE and Office 2000 Premium. He has been getting frequent lockups in Office requiring a total reboot to recover. I decided to uninstall and reinstall Office to try to correct the problem. In the meantime, he thought it would help to install the SR-1 patch for Office 2K. That didn't help so he uninstalled Office himself. Now you can't reinstall it because it keeps asking for an Office 2K SR-1 version which we don't have. It keeps saying that the program I am trying to run cannot be found and refers to Office 2000 SR-1. The disk is fine. This is an Office upgrade BTW, Office 97 is back on there now and running OK. Any way I can get around it asking for the SR-1 patch short of wiping out the drive? Thanks

In order to remove Office 2000 completely on the machine, you need to have the Office 2000 ERASER program! I have the program, it small. If you email me at [email protected] I can send it to you, This will let you reinstall the office 2000 again. I hope that this will help you!
    Computers are like life, constantly changing, and without change we would become STAGNET