Did I accidently buy McAfee "virus" ???

Thread: Did I accidently buy McAfee "virus" ???

Unhappy Did I accidently buy McAfee "virus" ???

Once apon a time...I purchased the entire McAfee Office package...y2k was comin up and it had "yk2 fixer". Soon after installing the package, (crash gard, bomb shelter, gaurd dog, virus scan, nuts n bolts, oil change, first aid, etc....)My computer started crashing all the time. My tast bar was full of crap (I like lean n mean )?
    I bought this package because its sopposed to save me from this kinda stuff...not cause it! Crashed from virus = 0
    Crashes from McAfee = 12 or more
    I finally decided to remove all of it and now Its collecting dust.
    I install virus scan...use it then remove it when im wondering.
    Ill take 10 bucks for the whole thing!

NO you pay me to use it, I find their software is crappy , even the uninstaller locks up
    I like Norton utilies and I install it lean and mean, I am like you I hate a block long system tray and yet everyone wants to put something in there now
    Let Mcrapeee collect dust and give Norton a spin
    I do not install any crash gard stuff since it crashes your system, I only run my antivirus and zonealarm in my tray
    Happy computing

------------------
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

I have yet to find a use for McAfee Office not Norton's package except to be an expensive book end. Beyond the virus detection and protection each offers the rest of the package is a C.O.S. The fixers in each show you what's wrong but can't fix the problems. Norton's defrag program is nice but the rest just takes up space. Keep it simple: use the anti virus and scrap the rest. You can't sell this software to anyone who knows about computers. Try approaching a newbie with the offer.
    Favorite Customer Quote: I need help, my thingy doesn't work!