kooky mouse action, need help

Thread: kooky mouse action, need help

Unhappy kooky mouse action, need help

I recently installed a Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse and it's software. Afterwards, if I moved the mouse too fast, the cursor would stutter. I then uninstalled the Optical mouse and reinstalled my old wheel mouse. Now my old wheel mouse does the same thing.

When I say that the mouse cursor stutters when I move the mouse too fast, I mean that the cursor jumps around in a localized portion of the screen without tracking the mouse's movement or direction. This only happens when the mouse is moved quickly from one side of the screen to the other.

HELP, THIS SUCKS. I can't beat up my creature in Black & White !!!

3fingersalute

Check and see what apps are running in the background, perhaps MSWheel is conflicting with some other resident program....I have seen this several times

If what 3fingersalute said didn't work, you may want to try this although you may have already done so:
    I'm assuming you are using Win9x? If so, I like to go into safemode and clean out anything and everything that has to do with pointing devices that might still have a driver installed.
    I find this to be very helpful. Especially when windows keeps so much unused crap behind the scenes and in "storage" so to speak.
    I'd rather be fly-fishing.....

I'll try these ideas and get back to you.

Thanks

sigel

this might sound like a crazy idea, but it worked for me, get rid of MS' mouse program and install logitechs!