Packard Bell info

Thread: Packard Bell info

Question Packard Bell info

My lack of experience and resources rears its ugly head again. After formatting and reinstalling I get the starting for first time, consult manual screen. I have no manual and can't find one online. I can start by pressing F3 but I wanted to get the screen off before giving it back to my freind. Could someone share the steps that are required? I did click through the registration screen but to no avail. If anyone has a manual or knows where I can download one, it would be appreciated.
    Specs: PB D1000 w/PB770Mainboard. 133mhz Pentium. 16MB EDO. 95B w/USB support. Thanks
    Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

http://www.windrivers.com/company/packbell/index.htm

PAckard Bell is out of business now so this was all I could find for you.
    But what happens after the message that you stated above?
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Thanks for the reply. After hitting F3 and skipping the start screen, it runs fine. I've found an Euopean site with manuals but they don't go back that far. The computer is over 5 years old! Time to discard it LOL. I did find a site with old manuals and if the owner wants one then they can purchase it. I'm sure that somewhere in the startup prcedure there is a command line for the screen but PB uses the CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT a lot to set up the system. I used the semicolon tweak/trick to eliminate the ones I thought it might be but couldn't find it. Same with the WIN.INI and SYS.INI directories. I was hoping someone had their Welcome Home Booklet so I could follow the 1st time startup procedure. Must be a program you have to run, after restoring the system there was over 650 MB on the disk and I'm not going to sort through them all.
    Thanks
    Dale
    Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.