[RESOLVED] Win '98 USB Problems

Thread: [RESOLVED] Win '98 USB Problems

VXD Error

Win '98 USB Problems

Hello, im running AMD K6-2 400MHz 256 MB PC-100 SDRAM 22 GIG HDDs, Tyan Trinity S1590S AT motherboard (A newer model board) just bought a Philips USB Video Cam and cant get it to work. I already enabled USB On Chip in Bios and the drivers are all flawless in device manager. I have also returned the usb ribons and cam incase they were defective. So now i figure its down to a bios/hardware problem. I have already read the install of the usb cables and im pretty positive they are correct. I have tried them different ways too and no luck. They are 2 rows of 5 pins. The drivers in the USB device manager are USB Root Hub and VIA xxxxx.xxx.x.x PCI TO USB driver. What other drivers or possible things are out there to try? I know USB is supposed to be fast and easy but this is a joke. Thanks in advance. Please direct me to the proper USB drivers if possible

shawnMt
    Did the USB connector for the mb come with the board? What bios version? Tried flashing? probably wont work but worth a try... Also look in dev manager in safe mode to be sure everything is ok... You can also look on the Tyan cd for USB stuff - if there is, try to update the driver.

[This message has been edited by shawnMt (edited May 29, 1999).]

hi ,check the pin out on mobo,usb connectors,you should get the usb output connector from TYaN as the pin out on the board is not all the same,hope this is of help to you,Clauded