[RESOLVED] What is "SRS"?

Thread: [RESOLVED] What is "SRS"?

UrbanTech

Resolved [RESOLVED] What is "SRS"?

What is SRS? In the Master Out setting for the volume controls, there is a column that is labeled SRS. No sound will work until the SRS is muted. I'm only guessing that SRS is geared towards SuRround Sound. Does anyone have a better explaination?
    -David

Well, I wasn't sure myself, but I was curious...

SRS = Sound Retrieval System

See - http://www.newq.com/srs.htm

I believe the whole thing has some connection with SRSLabs (www.srslabs.com), but for some unknown reason the firewall is currently blocking that site. Check it and see if it's any help.

It has to do with some sort of 3D surround sound acoustic technology that I believe is licensed to different companies, but I looked into this so long ago I probably have scrambled at least some of my facts.

Hope this helps.

Mark

OK...here is a paragraph from an SRS Labs press release:

SRS Labs is the world's leading provider of audio and voice enhancement technology solutions. SRS Labs' business consists of licensing audio and voice enhancement technologies to manufacturers of consumer electronics, computer, gaming and telecommunications equipment; and the design, manufacture and distribution of components, integrated circuits, sub-assemblies and finished products for the consumer electronics and home entertainment markets. For more information on SRS Labs' technologies, the company's worldwide licensing program or its design and manufacturing capabilities, visit the SRS Labs website at <http://www.srslabs.com>.

Of course, that doesn't answer why you are having problems with the setting. What sound card are you using anyway, and what version of the drivers?

Mark

UrbanTech

Thumbs up

Am not really having any problems with the sound card, I just wanted to know what it was and why I have to mute SRS to get any sound. SRS just seems to take all control when it is not muted.
    Thank you very much for the answers, it is very helpful so that I can pass that information on to my customers.
    Have a great day,
    David

SRS = Supplimentary
    Restraint
    System

Most people call them "airbags"

:-)
    A ship in a harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for...