[RESOLVED] windows 95 shutdown problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] windows 95 shutdown problem

techv

Exclamation windows 95 shutdown problem

hi,
    i am having a IBM make machine with pentium 100Mhz,32mb ram(EDO) and model is pc330,6577-59t
    its loaded with win95B and configured in NT network(client for Microsoft network) using Network Adapter(Intel 8255x 10/100Mbps)
    My problem is that when i am logging on to the network with a user name who is having WinNT4.0 logon scripts (executed while logging on) then while i shutdown the system, It remains in "please wait windows is shutting down" so i need to put the mains power of manually and even in restart system stucks there and crtl+alt+del doesn't work , whereas if I logon using a user name (having no Windows NT4.0 logon script)then the system shuts down and restart works properly,

I had tried disabling APM from System BIOS, even after that the problem persists, also updated the BIOS , lancard drivers and installed the service pack 1 for WIN95

pls help me !

[This message has been edited by techv (edited January 31, 2001).]

MacGyver

This is weird but it worked for me once: delete drvspace.bin and dblspace.bin from the root directory of your hard drive. Obviously this is not the answer to every shutdown problem but it's worth a try if you don't use disk compression.

Come to think of it, with the price of HD's nowadays why would anybody use it?

------------------
    sHIFT hAPPENS11

condor

I would check to see if the logon script runs a TSR (or any other program) that affects the system ...

try to do the following -

before shutting down try to use task manager to terminate all applications except explorer.exe and if you can shotdown then It's one of the other processes or applications.

------------------
    Computers do exactly what you tell them to do - not exactly what you want them to do ...

techv

Arrow

Dear friend,
    i will be trying your solution in a day or two , since its weekend out here ! !

thanx a lot..
    will get back to you again after trying your solution

------------------
    customer support engineer

techv

Arrow

hi,
    thanx for your solution, i will be trying it v.soon and let you know wats happening.

also, if you know any good utility for task managing in win 95 pls do let me know

thanx a lot ! !

------------------
    customer support engineer

SiCkNuT

Darn shutdown problems!

------------------
    [ i N S A N i T Y 2 0 o 1 ]