[RESOLVED] No disconnect dialog box

Thread: [RESOLVED] No disconnect dialog box

Jayster123

Talking No disconnect dialog box

Win98SE
    When I exit IE, the disconnect dialog box does not appear and I have to go to the dialup networking (via shortcut) to disconnect. I have looked but I can't find how to tell IE to produce the box. Anybody?

Go to Internet Options, Connections, Settings, Advanced and place a checkmark in the bottom box "Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed."

That will do it.

Go to: START, then to:PROGRAMS, then to:ACCESSORIES, then to:COMMUNICATIONS, then to IALUP NETWORKING,then find the icon that you use to make your connection, do a right click on it, when the window opens, near the bottom has a window CONNECT USING, and a small window that shows you your modem, ender that you have a "CONFIGURE" button, click on that, a new window appears, go to the "OPTIONS TAB" click, again near the bottom is a check box saying " display modem status, make sure that the box has a cheak mark in it, What this does is put an icon in your task bar (on the right side) that after you close your browser down you can disconnect from the internet by doing a right click on the double computer icon, a status/disconnect window opens, and you can make your choice>

Hope this will help, if it was what you were looking for! Red

[This message has been edited by RedBeard (edited July 10, 2000).]
    Computers are like life, constantly changing, and without change we would become STAGNET