Outlook Express problem

Thread: Outlook Express problem

Question Outlook Express problem

Hey all I could use some help and well this is the best polace to get it. Just wanted to say thanks for the help in advance.

Customer wants to replace 4 workstations on his workgroup network. But he wants to save all of his email and his favoritesl. He uses Outlook express and internet EXPLODER (explorer). I got the favorites no problem. When i copied the c:\windows\application data dir to the new machine it gets "some" of the mail, upto 3/16/00 and missing about 67 messages since then. On the second machine i tried it on same thing mail stops at about 3/19 and missing a bunch of emails. Is there somethign im missing? please help

Desperate in St. Louis
    drew

------------------
    hmm win 98 command prompt
    lets try c:\>/con/con
    illegal what?
    echo label c: cursed >>c:\autoexec.bat
    Luke, OBGYN Kanobi is the only one!!

You can use the export utility to send the data to a specific location on the network and then import. I had a particularly difficult one the other day that I finally resolved by exporting to exchange format, importing into the full outlook, and then importing from full outlook to the newer outlook express.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

I have a easy solution. Make them use netscape =-) , well i downloaded a few articles from the ms knowledge base, but that stuff only works 50% of the time. Just trying to get a few ideals before i go back to the custoemrs site. Thanks Again
    Luke, OBGYN Kanobi is the only one!!

gotbyk

Try searching for Inbox.dbx. This is the file Outlook Express stores its file in. Also should be a Outbox.dbx, etc...

mine was in the folder ....\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{6CA80D21-C9CB-49E1-881C-8DE35B4F80DF}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

sprkymrk

Question

How about a "FIND, FILES, *.eml"

If the Outlook Express versions are the same copying all the .idx & .dbx files should work. If they are different export and import should get you there. Outlook Express doesn't leave .eml's on your drive unless you specifically move/save each message to another location on your HD.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."