IE 5.5 cant connect to internet, how to remove it?

Thread: IE 5.5 cant connect to internet, how to remove it?

Post IE 5.5 cant connect to internet, how to remove it?

I have IE 5.5 and it won't connect to the net. I can ping out just fine so I know the TCP/IP is working as well as my connection to my isp. I'd like to reinstall IE 5.5 but there is no way to get rid of it first. The files to restore to the prior browser were not saved. To reinstall, IE wants to connect to the internet and of course it cant! Help? Anyone know what I can do?
    Thanks
    "While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior"

Ok. Just check if you have a firewall than block all traffic on internet. Maybe you just have ZoneAlarm or Internet Guard or something like that...

It's probably not a problem with your IE. If you wanna reinstall it just ask a friend to burn it on a CD-R or buy a CD with IE on it.

Best I could suppose you.

If anything work......format.

Good Luck

...and last thing! what connection do you have?
    My Computer:

PII 350 mhz (still good!)
    Soyo SY-6IWM Intel i810 chipset (Disabled)
    256 mo RAM PC-133
    HSP56 MicroModem (XP drivers)
    Sound Blaster 16 (XP drivers)
    Radeon 32 mo SDR (6.13.3276 XP)
    Windows XP Pro FR (Build 2600)
    Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse
    Logitech SoundMan Speakers
    CD-ROM 40X
    LG 16X10X40 CD Writer
    Epson Stylus C60

Thanks. I didn't check about a firewall....it's a cable connection, by the way. I'm running hard drive and ram diagnostics at the moment so I'll check when that's done.
    "While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior"

Under the tools Tabin System Information with Win 98 there is a spot to repair I.E. there may be a way to reinstall it there too.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

in the uk most of the free isp install disks carry the latest version of IE, usually I use them as coasters, or for target practice, but I'll see if I can throw you one!

Cool

Danimal, I already had run the repair utility in System Information. Thanks anyway. I was made aware of a website, <a href="http://www.win98lite.com" target="_blank">www.win98lite.com</a> that has a great IE remover.

Confu-ed, Thanks for the reminder about IE on ISP disks. After I used Win98lite to remove the corrupted version of IE, I installed IE 5 using one of my many ISP disks.

Thanks for the help!