computer hangs for a second, then keeps going

Thread: computer hangs for a second, then keeps going

Red face computer hangs for a second, then keeps going

I am having a problem with my computer. It will hang during normal operation, then continue where it left off. I am running Win 98 SE. I have an Athlon 750 running on an abit ka7-100 MOBO. I have a two month old elsa gladiac mx (geforce 2 mx), a SB live! sound card, and a creative modem blaster D5660. I also have 256 MB of PC-133 ram. My computer ran perfectly fine in this configuration for seven months. I contracted the Hybris32 virus , but it was deleted by norton antivirus . I don't believe it is a heat issue, as the cpu normally runs at about 75 degrees. I have reformatted the hard drive and installed windows from scratch, to no avail. I have all the latest drivers for all of my cards, as well as the VIA drivers and the HPT driver for the MOBO. I am at my wits end. Since I primarily use this computer for games, it is extremely annoying. Thank you for your time.....

Darren Wilson

have a look here and see if the solution is posted
    http://www.viahardware.com/faq/ka7/ka7faq.htm

Does your system have a NIC? if it does then are the protocols that you are using setup or just sitting there for example is tcp/ip setup with an IP address or is it set for DHCP services and not connected to something the is DHCP capable (like a cable modem service) that may explain the delay if your system is just freezing at random I'm not sure what it might me with more info
    I wonder what happens when I push this button. . . . . .