How to check it...please help

Thread: How to check it...please help

Exclamation How to check it...please help

To ALL,

My school blocks checking e-mail but has no control over ftp or going through dos. Is their a way I could check my email through dos or telnet or something? Please help. Thanks
    le blog de goodespeler - bandape.com

Are you saying they block web mail sites like HotMail? If so, you could use a site like www.safeweb.com which is an anonymous proxy to access your email. That would likely get you around the filtering.

If you are trying to check a POP3 account, then you can use HotMail to retreive your email from your POP3 account.

3fingersalute

I think http://www.anonymizer.com will also get you to the web-based email servers!

Nice 3 finger, I needed something like that so I can check my hotmail at work.

Originally posted by Kenteth420:
    Nice 3 finger, I needed something like that so I can check my hotmail at work.
    Do these remote mail checkers allow you to send emails as though you were at that address? I check my home email at work, but have not figured out how to be able to write as though I am on my home address. Any ideas?

Lightbulb

If you know the name or address of your email server you can telnet to it (or FTP for that matter) and use a UNIX based reader like ELM or Pine (University of Washington).
    As far as sending from a remote web address:
    Forward to a work address that is configured to auto forward to your receiving site. Or is that confusing?