Ever Heard of This?

Thread: Ever Heard of This?

Post Ever Heard of This?

A coworker, who has never owned a computer, just purchased a new Dell. He tells me that he has attempted to send emails to two different addresses which he types in correctly {he is positive} but has had both sent back from someone who tells him that they are receiving all emails he sends. How is it possible for this one individual that he does not know to receive emails addressed to different addressses? He said he is also getting a "POP3" error message. I told him to call his ISP and allow them to walk him through the mail setup as there obviously is something wrong there but I thought that it was strange that this unknown person is receiving all the email he attempts to send?

Any thoughts?

Jeff
    “If nothing changes, Nothing changes!”

dave9999

Hi Farrer,

Is your co-worker typing in the full e-mail address or did he create a address book entry?

dave9999

Hi Jeff,

Sorry I got your name wrong.

He says that he is typing in the full address. I also asked him that question thinking he might have mistakenly put the wrong address entry in for both Contacts.

Thanks!
    Jeff

dave9999

Drat!

That's what I was thinking of, I have seen mail severs that process the "name part" of the e-mail addess if it is an invalid address e.g. johnsmith@... and if someone on the mail server has johnsmith as an alias it will go to there address. Sounds weird. Sorry dude, can't be of any help.

Dave

That was happening to me about 4 years ago my address was [email protected] and another service routed thru the same server I think - had an address of [email protected] and we kept getting each others mail. I only solved it by canceling and going to another isp.

Thanks for the ideas guys! I talked with this fellow after reading the posts and he mentioned that he THINKS he is typing in their name AND e-mail address. It's hard to tell as he is REALLY computer illiterate.

Thanks again as always for you time,
    Jeff