[RESOLVED] fatal exception error

Thread: [RESOLVED] fatal exception error

Fatfish62

Post fatal exception error

i continue to get a fatal exception error usally when i run games on my computer like nhl 2000 or 2001, i sometimes get it when i am just running windows the error is a fatal exception error OE
    0028:c29c3cea in vxd e190x(01)+000822a called from 0028:c001c3d4 in vxd ndis(01) +00004860

i started to recieve this error after i upgraded to windows 98 second edition from regular windows 98, any help would be great

What VGA card do you have? Have you checked for newer drivers?
    What about DirectX? Do you use the latest version?

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

ndis has to do with communications
    try uninstalling/reinstalling communications
    uninstall/reinstall modem/nic card
    #3 1951-2001

Fatfish62

i have a vodooo 4 with the newest versions of direct x

I had this problem before. It seems that you are experiencing some kind of IRQ conflict with either your video card and your NIC or video card and your modem. What I ended up doing is disabling the PCI steering and everything worked fine. YOu might also want to update your NIC drivers as well as your modem drivers.
    hey its me again!

Your problem is definitely related to networking in some fashion.I would remove the network card/modem and see if this continues.remove meaning to remove it physically from the machine.try uninstalling/reinstalling drivers etc..

mjbauer

if both are PCI, try what he said...change the irg of one to something different...like one to 9 and one to 11...PCI cards can share the same IRQ

Fatfish62

my video card is an agp card

mjbauer

the agp slot is connected to the pci bus, so i think, but not for certain, that a agp and pci card can share the same irq...the same with on board i/o devices (connected to the pci bus)

Fatfish62

i took my netowrk card out and everything worked fine but when i put it back in the problems started back up again, i wanna try the one sugestion to disable my pci stearing, does anyone know how to do this? or any other suggestions on how to fix my problem???

Apache

Remove the Network card by going into properties, switch off the PC normally. Take the card out of the PC. Boot up your PC then switch it off again. Insert the network card in the slot NEAREST to your AGP slot. Switch on the PC let the system recognise your network card and install the network card drivers as required. Tried this on one of my PCs and it worked. Please post a reply if this helps. Good Luck!!!

Fatfish62

i tried it and it didnt work, it actually made it worse, it made it so that i couldnt even use explorer with out getting a blue screen error, any more sugestions