Northbridge Fan on Epox 8KHA+

Thread: Northbridge Fan on Epox 8KHA+

Post Northbridge Fan on Epox 8KHA+

My computer kept making a funny noise, so I looked inside and the northbridge fan is barely moving. The system had been up for some time before I noticed it. The noise was driving me nuts so I unplugged the fan. I'm running with the case open now, is there any harm in leaving the computer in this state? Is there any way to replace that fan?

I wouldn't advise running without the fan long term, but while the case is open it's probably better to remove the stalled fan anyway. I think it will be a fairly standard 40mm fan, you should be able to get a replacement if you have the original to show a decent computer store. From the picture on the Epox site, looks like it should be a press fit on the heatsink.

Dude, goto www.2coolpc.com, they got some kick a$$ little sunon chip coolers.
    Those who do not know, are lost...

lol
    oops
    I meant www.1coolpc.com

sorry
    Those who do not know, are lost...

quote:
    is there any harm in leaving the computer in this state? Is there any way to replace that fan?
    They didn't put the fan there for looks , it obviously gets hot, if you can RMA it, otherwise you can buy little 5v fans pretty easily...

Connect that to the case fan outlet on your m/b that'll do the trick, you may need a little ingenuity to get the fan correctly positioned, I use that stick on velco ...