[RESOLVED] duplicate recycled files on both hard drives

Thread: [RESOLVED] duplicate recycled files on both hard drives

dcwashington

Post duplicate recycled files on both hard drives

When I disabled my recycle bin my system stabalized again, but I would like to restore it. What whould specifically happen is when I deleted a 50mb jpg on my c drive the file would go into the hidden recycled file in the
    C:\. which is normal. but what my system did was duplicate the hidden "recycled" file which contained the jpg on my second drive using 50mb of space on both drives. I confirmed this by making hidden files viewable and also by the drive properties that 50mb was in a hidden file on my 2nd hard drive as well as my primary drive. When the system locked up scan disk would stop at 85% consistantly on the 2nd drive until I hit exit. After I disabled the recycle bin everything runs fine and scan disk completes its scan of both hard drives. So why is the recycle bin duplicating deleted files on both hard drives and making my system unstable?

[This message has been edited by dcwashington (edited December 12, 2000).]

ibennetch

Unless I am mistaken, the files from both drives appear in the recyle bin when you open it from either drive, that is to say that the Recycle bin, despite storing the files on seperate drives, allows all files to appear in the same bin regardless of where they came from. I suspect your illegal operations are due to something else.
    Can you post a copy of the error? xxx has caused an illegal operation in xxxx or whever it says.
    Oh, if I'm wrong about the recycle bin, someone please correct me.

Cool

You should be able to go to My Computer, right click on the drive, select properties and see if the size of used space changes as you add to the Recycle Bin. I have had the Reclcle bin appear on a second drive before. I was storing folders and unhooking it so I didn't worry about it. It also didn't cause any problems or crashes.
    Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

pga

I have to agree with ibennetch