[RESOLVED] System Hangs just before icons appear(runs in safe mode)

Thread: [RESOLVED] System Hangs just before icons appear(runs in safe mode)

jordy

Resolved [RESOLVED] System Hangs just before icons appear(runs in safe mode)

When I boot up my pc everything seems to run fine up until just before the desktop icons appear and then it freezes. I can run in safe mode. I tried changing video cards but that didn't help. Any suggestions??

Hey man. try this. boot into safe mode and disable or remove your sound driver. Your machine could be locking up while trying to run your wav sound. Maybe you have somekind of conflict with your sound card (irq).

What Cpu are you running and which MB?

hey its me again!

once in safe mode, You need to go into the device manager and scroll down to the sound and game controllers and double click on the sound card driver. There will be several options on the bottom of the window that pops up and one of those options is to disable. click it and then reboot and try again. You might need to install an updated driver.

When did this start happening?
    Did it start when you installed SW?
    hey its me again!

jordy

Thanks,
    It began after someone was using my computer and I tried to uninstall MSN messanger service.

Originally posted by ledrichard:
    once in safe mode, You need to go into the device manager and scroll down to the sound and game controllers and double click on the sound card driver. There will be several options on the bottom of the window that pops up and one of those options is to disable. click it and then reboot and try again. You might need to install an updated driver.

When did this start happening?
    Did it start when you installed SW?

You can't uninstall MSN ?
    Have you tried uninstalling it from Safe Mode ?

What if you reinstall it and then uninstall it again?

Do you have a backup copy of your registry files? If so then resore it. Let me know if this helps.
    Anyone else of any other ideas ?

hey its me again!

jordy

When I tried to uninstall it said cannot find uninstal.log. I am not in front of it right now but I will try it tonight and let you know tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

Originally posted by ledrichard:
    You can't uninstall MSN ?
    Have you tried uninstalling it from Safe Mode ?

What if you reinstall it and then uninstall it again?

Do you have a backup copy of your registry files? If so then resore it. Let me know if this helps.
    Anyone else of any other ideas ?

some guy

kick it