system lock ups

Thread: system lock ups

Post system lock ups

plz any help would be appriciated i currently am running a abit kt7a raid w/1.333gig t-bird athlon ati radeon ve 64meg 256megs pc100 ram from crucial and a sound blaster live x-gamer 5.1 with a linksys network adaptor i had just put this system together when i booted it up it would locked up i rebooted during post i recieved a error an internal stack overflow has caused this session to be halted change the stacks settings in your config.sys and try again well i removed my components and replaced them all now i don't recieve that error but my computer still locks up within the first 15mins or so and also as soon as i start a download any help would be appriciated
    thxs,looney

Cool

Suggestion,

Read through your MB Manual Bios settings and set everything to what they recommend.
    Make sure you have loaded the VIA 4 n 1 drivers and have all the latest drivers and patches for your add ons.

Good Luck

i'd like to know what the internal stack overflow message would come from? all bio's is set to default
    thxs,looney

[quote]Originally posted by looney:
    plz any help would be appriciated i currently am running a abit kt7a raid w/1.333gig t-bird athlon ati radeon ve 64meg 256megs pc100 ram from crucial and a sound blaster live x-gamer 5.1 with a linksys network adaptor i had just put this system together when i booted it up it would locked up i rebooted during post i recieved a error an internal stack overflow has caused this session to be halted change the stacks settings in your config.sys and try again well i removed my components and replaced them all now i don't recieve that error but my computer still locks up within the first 15mins or so and also as soon as i start a download any help would be appriciated

Suggestion:
    Go to RUN, SYSEDIT and edit you CONFIG.SYS. At the STACKS, change to: "STACKS=18.256" (without the quotes), see if that works.
    By the way, I'm new here, I kind of messed up when I tried to reply to you the first time...My bad!