[RESOLVED] IEEE 1394 Drivers

Thread: [RESOLVED] IEEE 1394 Drivers

FooL

Wink IEEE 1394 Drivers

I'm running win 98 First Edition. Just put in a FireWire card for my Sony Digital 8 camcorder. I'm using Studio DV software.

Here's the issue. Device manager says everything is working as far as the card goes. But...when I try to pull video off of the camcorder, it gives a choppy preview or doesn't work at all. (It works well enough to know that I'm doing it all right, there's just something wrong.)

I did a little snooping around and it turns out that 98FE doesn't play nice with FireWire. So, I took the whole setup and ran it on a 98SE computer and everything works fine. Now...I'm killing myself trying to find a driver update for IEEE 1394 for Win98 FE.

Does anyone know where I can find an updated driver...or do I have to upgrade to SE?

I am not aware of any patch to help with your firewire issue. You might try the card manufacturer [SP]. If not I would do the upgrade. I don't think you have to do a total upgrade, just get your hands on a SE update disk. I ran into the same issue and the guy at SIIG told me to upgrade.

You could try fight it to get it to work but it would be like fighting USB in 95. Sometimes not worth the problem.

------------------
    You spend your whole life believing that you're on the right track,
    only to discover that you're on the wrong train.

Dale Earnhardt #3 (1951-2001)
    You will be missed!

What hardware are you running it on? Why do you not upgrade to se or GASP me for the firewire?

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

FooL

Lightbulb

I'm just going to upgrade to W2K. I am morally opposed to buying ME. It's a fat memory hog, and virtually all the improvements over SE can be downloaded for free from the net. I'm not looking forward to the spontaneous reboots we've all heard about with W2K...but you gotta do what you gotta do.

------------------
    Did you reboot the computer yet?

http://support.microsoft.com/support...n_SRCH&SPR=W98

------------------
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]

FooL

Red face

Oh....well that about sums it up. Thanks.

------------------
    Did you reboot the computer yet?

Update,

Go here,
    http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin...ML/001318.html

-wayne

------------------