[RESOLVED] Need help wuth ASUS TX97-XV I got out of a HP.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Need help wuth ASUS TX97-XV I got out of a HP.

10of40

Resolved [RESOLVED] Need help wuth ASUS TX97-XV I got out of a HP.

Well, I picked up this adulterated ASUS TX97-XV (The DIMM slots were not there, from the time I got it.) I stick some RAM in the SIMM slots, check the FC-P233 that was on there, and try to boot it up (monitor connected, of course..) All i get is a series of beeps from the thing. I believe the beeps were 4:2:4 or something like that. If someone could just find a set of beep codes, I'd be estatic email me at [email protected]

Thumbs up

I belive the bleeps that your getting from the system are probably memory error bleeps, this could be caused by an number of reasons, simms not sitting in the sockets correctly or maybe the memory scockets need enabling some how on the board (jumpers may need changing) or one of the memory moduals may be faulty, here is a link to a site that covers pretty much all info on bios error bleep codes for all manufactures.

http://www.bioscentral.com/
    The customer is always right sometimes confused, mis-informed,rude, stubborn, changeable and even downright stupid. BUT NEVER WRONG

It doesnt matter how many times you phone us your computer wont get fixed any quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by 10of40
    Well, I picked up this adulterated ASUS TX97-XV (The DIMM slots were not there, from the time I got it.) I stick some RAM in the SIMM slots, check the FC-P233 that was on there, and try to boot it up (monitor connected, of course..) All i get is a series of beeps from the thing. I believe the beeps were 4:2:4 or something like that. If someone could just find a set of beep codes, I'd be estatic email me at [email protected]

The ASUS TX97-XV motherboard requires 72-pin, 60ns, EDO RAM modules that run at 66 MHz. This motherboard supports a maximum of 128 MB of RAM, so you can use 4 - 32 MB modules to fill it. This motherboard is in my 7-year old HP 8160 and only came with the 4 72-pin DIMM slots and not the 2 168-pin SIMM slots. This motherboard can be overclocked from 66 MHz to 75 MHz by changing the position of 2 of the 3 blue jumpers. Read here.
    Last edited by CaptainSpeleo; October 17th, 2004 at 04:57 PM.
    Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips (Also a Windows XP user)