[RESOLVED] My computer keeps crappin out

Thread: [RESOLVED] My computer keeps crappin out

CrashOveride

Post My computer keeps crappin out

SOmetimes when I am running a few applications my computer will either let me move the mouse but not do anything 2: freeze 3:give me the blue screen; I always get runtime errors on different programs im running at random even if im not using them. I really dont wannna format cause i have some important stuff. Do I need more ram or what. Pleeese help.

arcade

what's the spec, and what apps do you have running?
    it could be a hardware fault, or just solved with a "clean" reload.
    i would back up your important stuff now!

Manicheya

Going out on a limb and taking a guess from the symptoms I would say its the RAM.

CrashOveride

My specs are pIII 450 64mb 20g hd 56k sb64 sound 52xcdrom 16x10x40 cdrw im running ez cd creator and office 97 napster win amp iexplorer which keeps crapping out with illegal ops and about 600 mp3s ...thats the main hunk...ohh and some disclosed movies ..................pleezzzzzze help

Did you upgrade to a OS?
    Did you add Hardware/Software?
    Are there any explanation marks in the Device Manager?

You didn't say what OS you are running!

-wayne

------------------
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]

CrashOveride

im running win98 thats why im in the win95/98 forum

Pfred

Exclamation

I may have seen a similar situation.

mouse pointer will move, usually the sound 'buzzes' CAD does NOT showany tasks...

I find that this happens when a program(s) becomes unstable, I'm usually pushing the box; a reset will clear this, but sometimes it takes more than 1 or a hard boot.

Hope that this further infor helps.

PS: FooL may have left his settings to e-mail when responded; but chose not to display. ; this is how I've got mine at this time.