Choppy sound/video

Thread: Choppy sound/video

Post Choppy sound/video

I have an AMD 350 on a FIC 503+ MB, 128 megs,voodoo3 3000, and a SB pci 128. I also have Directx 8 and i believe i have the latest sound and video drivers installed. I have begun to have very choppy video/sound while playing Delta Force Land Warrior. Everything was working great, but now while playing it will be working great and all of a sudden slow down and get very choppy (mainly video, but during the intro movie the sound is choppy). It will eventually clear up for awhile and then start all over again. I don't know what else to try. I also ran dxdiag.exe and everything seemed fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cool

Check in your device manager under hard drives and see if DMA is checked, if it is unchecked then click in the box to put a check mark in there, you will be prompted to reboot
    I checked their web site and it looks like you have the Via chipset , did you install the Via 4 in 1 drivers, you must install these drivers before installing anything else
    It also should give you the option to check to enable DMA mode , check the box,
    Also get the latest drivers from Voodoo's site for your card
    What version of Windows are you running, I had windows ME screw up games on me when it would access the drive for no reason, I am back to Windows 98 se , Hard to race my pod when the track starts skipping

------------------
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )