weird hard drive problem

Thread: weird hard drive problem

Angry weird hard drive problem

I am reformatting a hard drive and have run into a problem. The disk is supposed to be 6.5GB. The computer is only recognizing c as 500mb. I used fdisk and found that the previous tech had partitioned the hard drive into 2 drives. c is 500 mb and d is 6 GB. Problem is, it does not give me access to D. I tried deleting the partitions and repartitioning, but it gives me a message "No logical drives defined"
    When I try to delete the extended dive it tells me "cannot delete extended dos partition while logical drives exist"

I thought maybe he created the extended partition but did not create logicals, so I tried to create a logical drive and I got:"No logical drives defined" and at the bottom"All available space in the extended dos partiton is assigned to logical drives"

Well are there logical drives or not????
    How can I wipe out this drive so I can repartition it properly???

Thanks
    Rafi

In one of the really, really Blue states.

I guess if one post is good, three for the same problem must be better?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Is there something wrong with posting the question on more than one board?
    I ported on what I thought were all relevant boards, as not everybody reads all the boards. I only read the 4 -5 boards I am interested in. I assume many others are the same. Therefore, when I have a problem, I post it in all the relevant boards. I also get different responses from the different boards, meaning my theory is correct.

Is this a bad practice to continue?

In one of the really, really Blue states.

speaking for myself I don't respond when I see it posted more than once(unless it is from a first timer). I don't want to waste my time responding, when 1)someone has posted the answer on another board 2)the person has found the solution 3)My suggestion has already been posted BTW have you tried any DDO software to delete the partions(like ezdrive etc?)
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

shawnMt