Via bus master IDE drivers

Thread: Via bus master IDE drivers

Post Via bus master IDE drivers

Does anyone know if there is a working set of Via Bus Baster IDE drivers out for Windows XP Professional? After a few recent driver upgrades, including an attempt at an upgrade to the 4 in 1 drivers, I'm not constantly getting at startup that Windows has found new hardware. (The Bus master IDE drivers) But, I can't seem to find accecptable drivers anywhere. This is including anywhere in the 4 in 1 driver pack from Abit.

I'm running an Abit KT7A version 1.3 Mobo. Thanks to anyone who can help.

www.viaarena.com have the latest set
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

You might also check to see if all hardware that is supposed to be disabled in your bios is disabled. I used to get these all the time with my via mobo, but got rid of them by disabling them in the bios
    Bouncy Bouncy

The latest 4in1's have an XP supported IDE driver. I'm personally using the 4.39 beta's and have had no issues. On your KT7A you are running a 686B southbridge which XP has support for out of the box. You shouldn't need to load the seperate driver.
    My brain went into standby mode and I can't get it to wake up, is there a BIOS patch for this?

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

quote:
    Originally posted by tablesalt:
    The latest 4in1's have an XP supported IDE driver. I'm personally using the 4.39 beta's and have had no issues. On your KT7A you are running a 686B southbridge which XP has support for out of the box. You shouldn't need to load the seperate driver.

While it is true that XP has support out of the box, its better to get the new driver as I have seen quite a bit of performance increase after installation
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

just downloaded new via 4in1 drivers, installoing now...
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

quote:
    Originally posted by Radical Dreamer:
    quote:

While it is true that XP has support out of the box, its better to get the new driver as I have seen quite a bit of performance increase after installation
    The 4-in-1 is called that as it has four seperate bits, 1 busmastering driver. 2 IRQ re-routing ulil(95 & 98 only). 3 Chipset Inf. 4 Via Gart (AGP port driver).

If your chipset is correctly identified you should only need the revised busmastering driver...

If your busmastering driver refuses to take... then try setting the system to use the standard (via) ide controllers (so no dma for now) then run the 4-in-1, usually this helps

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

quote:
    Originally posted by confus-ed:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Radical Dreamer:
    quote:

The 4-in-1 is called that as it has four seperate bits, 1 busmastering driver. 2 IRQ re-routing ulil(95 & 98 only). 3 Chipset Inf. 4 Via Gart (AGP port driver).

If your chipset is correctly identified you should only need the revised busmastering driver...

If your busmastering driver refuses to take... then try setting the system to use the standard (via) ide controllers (so no dma for now) then run the 4-in-1, usually this helps

Whats with the ?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-