[RESOLVED] will not start...

Thread: [RESOLVED] will not start...

indio49

Angry will not start...

my computer is a celeron 366, with 128 mb ram and 4.x gb hd, it runs win98.

it will not start i can hear the memory test and hard driver start but will not get anything on screen.

then all of a suden i'll switch off and on and it will start with no errors...
    sometimes it will show error...

who can help?

Lowland

Mmmmm.....

Have you got the monitor switched on (is it on a supply from the box, or from the wall?)

------------------
    Politicians are like nappies (diapers!) - they need to be changed regularly, and for exactly the same reason.

Come visit <a href="http://www.lowlandgroup.co.uk" target="_blank">www.lowlandgroup.co.uk</a> and see what we do - jump to a Dumfries community site from us

godofuq

First suggestion would be to check your video card in another machine or check a different video card in your machine.

------------------
    I feel like a little worm on a big f*****g hook.

-Aplustech

indio49

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Lowland:
    Mmmmm.....

Have you got the monitor switched on (is it on a supply from the box, or from the wall?)

</font>
    Monitor is on, and supply is from the wall

DJ-Egg

What are the exact error messages?

Has the monitor been tested on another system?

------------------
    Note to self: Re-index brain cells, database corruption present.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

indio49

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by sowulo:
    Has the monitor been tested on another system?

</font>

Yes, i'm working on it, on another system...

indio49

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by DJ-Egg:
    What are the exact error messages?</font>
    computer was not properly shut down it will scandisk etc....

Ya_know

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by indio49:
    my computer is a celeron 366, with 128 mb ram and 4.x gb hd, it runs win98.

it will not start i can hear the memory test and hard driver start but will not get anything on screen.

then all of a suden i'll switch off and on and it will start with no errors...
    sometimes it will show error...

who can help?
    </font>
    It sounds like it could be a ton of different things...That may be why you are getting the runaround here. You are going to have to troubleshoot with some new parts if nessessary.

Possible causes:
    Bad Powersupply
    bad Motherboard
    bad Card, video, network

Start by removing everything you don't need, but leave in mem, CPU, and video. You may need another Video card and one stick of new known good memory to test with as well.
    If you have a power supply, try swaping that out.

It boils down to: you will need to take alot of different steps to narrow down the problem. If nothing changes after all of that has been tested, could be the MoBo...