[RESOLVED] FILES32.vxd WTF is it??

Thread: [RESOLVED] FILES32.vxd WTF is it??

GT98

Angry FILES32.vxd WTF is it??

I had a PC take a **** on me the other day and every time that the person would try to open something on the desktop that wasn't my computer, IE or the recycle bin it would pop up a window with the error cannot find FILE32.vxd. I poked around the Win98 CD to see if I can find the FILES32.vxd in the cab files but no luck and then I tried to find it on another WIN98 machine that was in the office but still no luck. I ran norton antivirus with the update from october 16th but it still didn't find anything on the system, besides a w97.macro virus on her office docs that I knew about already. I had to do a reinstall, but next time if I could avoid it I would like to if at all possible.

Scott

3fingersalute

I'm almost certain that files32.vxd is generated by a virus. PrettyPark if I remember correctly. Go to norton's site and look up pretty park, it will tell you how to get rid of all references to files32.vxd

------------------
    WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO TODAY?......Not that it matters, because Micrsoft will crash on the way there!!!