compaq armada 7800 upgrade

Thread: compaq armada 7800 upgrade

Post compaq armada 7800 upgrade

anyone know if its possible to upgrade the above. its real basic at the moment.

I pretty sure the ram can be upgraded to a max of 256k but i'm not sure about the processor.

Arrow

You didn't mention which model of the Armada 7800 you have...go here for downloads for the Armada Notebooks . Select your model number...

Also, go here for manuals for the 7800 Series .

Also, go here for the Quick Reference Guide (parts breakdown) . Scroll down to the last page...it has your Memory Upgrade Chart.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find what you're looking for...Good Luck!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

I work as a tech for Compaq, er HP, er, what ever we are now. I honestly do not believe that upgrading the CPU on an Armada 7800 is really worth it. The fastest they were released at is a 400MHz P2. At the time, the mobile P2's were still running on a 66MHz FSB even though the desktop counter parts at 350MHz and higher were on 100MHz FSB. I do believe you are correct on the amount of ram supported. The max is about 256MB.

Personally, unless it really isn't an option, I would save the money and invest in a new laptop.
    My brain went into standby mode and I can't get it to wake up, is there a BIOS patch for this?